Monday, December 22, 2008

Jumanji? You mean me?

I was watching this movie for the umpteenth time with my kids this weekend and realized how much I LOVE this creator. His books...his art...the movies "they" took from him. They are profound and exquisite and beautiful and funny and scary and in touch with the reader. 

CVA.

I adore him. He is a visionary, a true story teller. Perhaps his picture books are too old for the youngest and biggest picture book audience... but they are truly timeless, honest, original, heartfelt... and from his soul, that I feel they reach everyone around the world. They are universal.

That is what I want to do. My audience is a bit younger but that is my goal.

His books encompass everything I hope to, and they work on so many levels and that is exactly what I want to do.

I continue to reach for that star in my work. Fantastical yet true and real and honest.

No comments: