Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Two types of writers, two types of illustrators, two types of editors

Oooooh. This going to be a weird topic and I mean no offence or judgement in my post. Just an observation (and I could be wrong, of course).

I've met and spoken to many writers, illustrators and editors over the years trying to find myself in my own work and what I have found is:

There seems to be an internal responder and an external responder (here comes the sociologist in me). What I mean is some folks look for and react to the inner feelings of the work at hand and some look for and react to the outer/external.

I am a bit of both but I would say that the internal wins out. And I have noticed that books that have the internal are my favorites.

Now I am going to lay on the couch and talk to my shrink.

JK.

Back to the morning writing.

No comments: