Monday, September 7, 2009

Are you supposed to work on Labor Day?

Got a funny email from my college kid today asking if was going to work today.

Well, no. You don't work on Labor day. Technically, no one works on Labor Day. That actually applies to one of our computers as well.

And everyone around my house seems to be doing something constructive right now.

But I am working. I am redoing a dummy after a ms critique. Except it is not just work. It is fun. Especially when I start laughing uncontrollably at some of the scenarios I've created. This is why I do what I do. Because it gives great pleasure

I love humor and devising funny situations. And angry, sad, confused and curious ones. Because that is what life is. I have a hard time with illustrations where everyone is smiling all the time. People don't smile all the time. They are not wooden and plastic. Or sheep. Or computers.

No comments: