Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Using the opposite side of the brain

can benefit the most frequented side. I started a part time job in finance. Two minutes or less from home (eeeeyesss). I like it. It is challenge for someone like me who is good with language(s), art, music and the like. But numbers are another story.

But I like it and my boss loves me and is teaching me the biz from the inside out. She's mentoring me. "You can decide if this is something you want to pursue and eventually get a license to do it or not."

Me, I don't know yet. I don't know where this is going to go but I've got to do something. Because I need something for me. The kids are independent, my art is out, I know what kind of writing I want to do, and with all my hope and heart maybe someday I will find the right person but until then I need something real (even if it is the shitty, volatile stock market...)


What does this have to do with illustration anyway? Zippo bippo. But it kills the waiting. And makes some money. I like money.

But still I can't WAIT to get back to the drawing table...........the most frequented side of my brain is there. If this ever takes off and becomes tangible, then I'll revisit and review the situation.

But a normal together person cannot keep going like this with hope against hope. And luck (hey...my son won an Ipod Nano today in a raffle of 500 tickets...it happens...he really did ...LUCK...yet I digress)

Right now I need something real that I can hold onto and see results in.

So the point I nimbly make is keep going toward the "dream" but don't make the dream a nightmare. Be happy...keep doing what you are good at ...and something ELSE you might be good at...especially if it is offered to you. You never know. The opposite side of the brain can do wonders for the frequented side of the brain.

Chin up. Go forward and finish that illustration or two.

No comments: