Saturday, January 26, 2008

You know you are writer when

you get a form letter and you know it is one before you even open the envelope. You hold it up to the light. You read the publisher letterhead and feel for some kind of texture (a signature with real ink....gasp??? Not this time). No there isn't one... this time...so it is Pfftt right into the garbage can. No emotion, no effort, just that one handed-toss that you have perfected over the years. With your left hand if you are a rightie and vv.

For me, my right hand is for making art, and the left hand is for taking aim.

I am an artist, not a thing to throw away. You throw me away and I throw you away,too. Cathartic. I may never get anywhere in this insane business. But you will never make me feel like I am not good enough. I love to create and as I said before I hate to sub. I really hate it. If I could find one editor who loves my work that is all I would want. And to keep making wonderful art/mss. I don't like all this agent/editor subbing and I'm not good at it. But I am good at the art part and the writing is coming together.

And if you hear enough feedback sometimes it feels like clutter.

I know what to do and what not to do. But there is so much flippetygibbit to filter and after a while you start to wonder what is right or wrong. This is where that post came in about trusting yourself and staying true to yourself enough so that when the times comes you can trust your editor.




Feeling GROUCHY yet productive and confident. I did a lot today. And it turned out well. My standards of course. Two sketches a day and I hope to be done in a week...she says sheepishly. I feel great about my art and better about my writing. I have noticed that dummying a ms really helps with the writing in the end.

And as you can see, rejection letters are annoyances...kind of like flies on great food.

No comments: